Three week acting workshop
- Type of program: Summer Workshops
- Programs offered: Program in English
- Length of program: 3 weeks
This three week acting workshops is designed to give students a dynamic introduction to the craft of acting in cinema and in live performance as well, providing a rare, real short film experience for a possible show reel and professor feedback throughout the process.
Exercises, small lectures and a short production period form the pedagogy of the workshop wherein every student is initiated to training techniques firstly, and then given the real time experience of acting in a film production with the addition of theatrical training and several more opportunities to work on multiple roles in the short film production period in conjunction with the concurrent film workshops.
- Learning the fundamentals of acting: reading a text, techniques to play in front of a camera, how to learn and analyze a text, rehearsal techniques and participating in a casting (how to prepare for one), the craft of screen acting.
- The workshop combines theoretical presentations with hands on practical exercises
- Participation in short films (by acting in several film projects) which allow the student to leave with their short performances on a USB key for portfolio use.
- Learning theatrical acting technique through scene work. The Art of playing in front of an audience
- The workshop mimics real conditions of the filming process and presenting a scene on stage.
You'll also like
30 June 2019
ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH, FROM 10 AM TO 5 PM Discover our school, our professional environment and our facilities....
15 April 2019
EICAR partners with the Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez
The Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez celebrates its 5th edition this year! EICAR International Department has...