Three week acting workshop
- Type of program: Summer Workshops
- Programs offered: Program in English
- Length of program: 3 weeks
This three week acting workshops is designed to give students a dynamic introduction to the craft of acting in cinema and in live performance as well, providing a rare, real short film experience for a possible show reel and professor feedback throughout the process.
Exercises, small lectures and a short production period form the pedagogy of the workshop wherein every student is initiated to training techniques firstly, and then given the real time experience of acting in a film production with the addition of theatrical training and several more opportunities to work on multiple roles in the short film production period in conjunction with the concurrent film workshops.
- Learning the fundamentals of acting: reading a text, techniques to play in front of a camera, how to learn and analyze a text, rehearsal techniques and participating in a casting (how to prepare for one), the craft of screen acting.
- The workshop combines theoretical presentations with hands on practical exercises
- Participation in short films (by acting in several film projects) which allow the student to leave with their short performances on a USB key for portfolio use.
- Learning theatrical acting technique through scene work. The Art of playing in front of an audience
- The workshop mimics real conditions of the filming process and presenting a scene on stage.
You'll also like
15 April 2019
EICAR partners with the Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez
The Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez celebrates its 5th edition this year! EICAR International Department has...
22 February 2019
EICAR student’s documentary film qualified for the Oscars!
EICAR Alumnus Dominik Bari have been presented his documentary film Oymyakon across the world, from North Siberia to...