Two week acting workshop
- Type of program: Summer Workshops
- Programs offered: Program in English
- Length of program: 2 weeks
Canceled due to COVID-19
This two week acting workshops is designed to give students a dynamic introduction to the craft of acting in cinema and in live performance as well, providing a rare, real short film experience for a possible show reel and professor feedback throughout the process.
Exercises, small lectures and a short production period form the pedagogy of the workshop wherein every student is initiated to training techniques firstly, and then given the real time experience of acting in a film production with the addition of theatrical training and several more opportunities to work on multiple roles in the short film production period in conjunction with the concurrent film workshops.
How to Register
This year’s Acting for Stage & Screen workshop will run from July 6th to the 17th.
To register please download, fill in and send the following form to email@example.com :
- Learning the fundamentals of acting: reading a text, techniques to play in front of a camera, how to learn and analyze a text, rehearsal techniques and participating in a casting (how to prepare for one), the craft of screen acting.
- The workshop combines theoretical presentations with hands on practical exercises
- Participation in short films (by acting in several film projects) which allow the student to leave with their short performances on a USB key for portfolio use.
- Learning theatrical acting technique through scene work. The Art of playing in front of an audience
- The workshop mimics real conditions of the filming process and presenting a scene on stage.
You'll also like
27 July 2020
EICAR Alumna premieres her first feature film in France!
Zoé Wittock, a Bachelor of Fine Arts graduate of EICAR’s International Department, opens her first feature film in...
8 July 2020
EICAR Student’s film becomes first Egyptian short film at Cannes
The Cannes Film Festival has selected Eicar graduate Sameh Alaa‘s French-Egyptian short movie “I Am Afraid to...