THIS WEEK WAS A MAJOR TURNING POINT FOR EICAR INTERNATIONAL DEPARTMENT’S STUDENTS WHO PRESENTED THEIR FILMS BOTH AT THE CINÉMATHÈQUE FRANÇAISE AND THE CERCLE ROUGE SCREENINGS.
Students from Bachelor of Fine Arts, Master of Fine Arts and Fast Track – One Year Filmmaking programs gathered for their Graduation Ceremony and the annual competition of the best student short film produced in 2015, at the Cinémathèque française.
Presided by director Frédéric SCHOENDOERFFER and included the renowned film professionals Jean-Max CAUSSE, Étienne MORTINI, Pierre MURAT, Maggie PERLADO, Philippe ROS, Soraya TAOUS, Élisabeth TAVERNIER and Daniel VIGNE, the jury awarded the following prizes:
- The Albert R. Broccoli Award for Best Student Film – endowed with €1,000 – was awarded to Cain PICKENS RICH (BFA2 2014-15) for his film G’old Fish
- Best Cinematography was awarded to Karim ABOU SLEIMAN (MFA2 2014-15) for the film Le Steak de tante Margaux by Sameh MORSY (MFA2 2014-15)
- Best Editing was awarded to Kim PURIC (BFA2 2014-15) for the documentary film Mayodi, un homme très sensuel by Kim PURIC (BFA2 2014-15)
- Best Sound was awarded to Olivier BESSUGES (Réalisation Sonore 3 2014-15) for the film Beat by Marco TSCHUI (MFA2 2014-15)
- Best Art Direction was awarded to Annastina HAAPASAARI (BFA3 2014-15) for the film Sepulchres by Giovanni VANOLI (BFA3 2014-15)
- Special Mention to Cariño mio by Ricardo URUETA CHÁVEZ (MFA2 2014-15)
To the outstanding students who have embodied the spirit of EICAR and the cornerstones of our curriculum teamwork, professionalism an creativity, the International Department’s Faculty members awarded the Outstanding Achievement Awards to Zoé DENIS (BFA3 2014-15) and Natalia GONCHAROVA (MFA2 2014-15) – both endowed with a 500€ reward. Natalia GONCHAROVA was also awarded for Best Production Manager.
The OUTSTANDING CREW MEMBER AWARDS went to:
- Margaux HAMAIDE (BFA1 2014-15)
- Zein HAMDAN (BFA1 2014-15)
- Asif ISGANDARLI (BFA1 2014-15)
- Guido RAIMONDO (BFA 1 2014-15)
- Maria Claudia BLANCO (BFA2 2014-15)
- Gabriela GRECU (BFA2 2014-15)
- Bradley SELIGMAN (BFA2 2014-15)
- Sebastian ECHEGORRI (BFA3 2014-15)
- Valentin PITTARD (BFA3 2014-15)
- Sacha ROLLAND-BENIS (BFA3 2014-15)
- Nora STANKOVIC (BFA3 2014-15)
- Karla NOGOLICA (MFA2 2014-15)
The Graduation Ceremony was a memorable moment for all graduated students, who played the game and posed for a group photo in front of a screen adorned with flags from their respective countries!
It was also an occasion to visit the Martin Scorsese exhibition, and an exciting moment where students, friends and families shared their impressions on students’ films while enjoying the traditional luncheon cocktail.
Two days later, EICAR students attended to the Off-Competition Screening at TSF – Cercle Rouge and voted voted their choice of best films out of 30 films 2014-15 not seen at the Cinémathèque.
- Students’ Choice for Best Film: God’s Favorite Son directed by Samuel SIMCOX(BFA3 2014-15)
- Students’ Choice for Best Making-of: Making-of Cariño mío by Kim PURIC (BFA2 2014-15)
- Students’ Choice for Best Documentary Film: Film Coexistence by Giovanni BUSNACH (BFA1 2014-15)
Congratulations to the winners and all who participated in the 2015 EICAR competition!
You'll also like
14 January 2021
Saturday 23th January, 2021 This Open House will take place online. Please fill the form below to take part to this...
10 December 2020
Join our live Q&A session on Instagram!
Want to study the craft of Filmmaking in Paris? Ask all your questions during our next Instagram Live Event! If you...