A new edition of the annual Screening Competition of our students’ films at the Cinémathèque française.
Students from Bachelor of Fine Arts, Master of Fine Arts and One Year Filmmaking programs gathered for their Graduation Ceremony and the annual competition of the best student short film produced in 2017, at the Cinémathèque française.
Presided by French director and writer and visual artist Olivier MEGATON (The Transporter 3, Colombiana, Taken 2 and Taken 3) and included the renowned film professionals Sélim AZZAZI, Dominique BESNEHARD, Rachel BRENNAN, Gréco CASADESUS, Guillaume LAURANT and Thierry de SEGONZAC, the jury awarded the following prizes:
- The Albert R. Broccoli Award for Best Student Film – endowed with €1,000 – was awarded to Sudeshna SHARMA (MFA2 2016-17) for his film The Beginning
- Best Cinematography was awarded to Guido RAIMONDO (BFA3 2016-17) for the film Mad Love directed by Bojana ILIC (BFA3 2016-17)
- Best Editing was awarded to Sarah MEVISSEN (MFA1 2016-17) for the film Sara directed by Giovanni BUSNACH (BFA3 2016-17)
- Best Sound was awarded to Lucas VAUTHIER (Réalisation Sonore 3 2017-18), Mélanie SCHULZ (Réalisation Sonore 3 2017-18) and XianZhang ZENG for the film Mad Love by Bojana ILIC (BFA3 2016-17)
- Best Production Design was awarded to Giovanni BUSNACH (BFA3 2016-17) and Fareed KAIRON (BFA3 2013-17) for the film Sara directed by Giovanni BUSNACH (BFA3 2016-17)
- Special Mention to Petr VINOKUROV (BFA3 2016-17) for his film Make Me Fly
- Special Mention to Marijose SAPIÑA (BFA3 2016-17) for her film Nymphette
To the outstanding students who have embodied the spirit of EICAR and the cornerstones of our curriculum teamwork, professionalism an creativity, the International Department’s Faculty members awarded the Outstanding Achievement Awards to Guido RAIMONDO (BFA3 2016-17) and Federico TROISI (MFA2 2016-17) – both endowed with a 500€ reward.
The OUTSTANDING CREW MEMBER AWARDS went to:
- Marta BIANCHERI (BFA1 2016-17)
- Silene MADONNA (BFA1 2016-17)
- Djordje MIKOVIC (BFA1 2016-17)
- Chamuditha WIJETHILAKA (BFA1 2016-17)
- Tigran SPERTSYAN (BFA2 2016-17)
- Asif ISGANDARLI (BFA3 2016-17)
- Guido RAIMONDO (BFA3 2016-17)
- Laurent GANIAGE (MFA1 2016-17)
- Elizaveta LUZINA (MFA1 2016-17)
- Sarah MEVISSEN (MFA1 2016-17)
- Marius SCHANKE (MFA1 2016-17)
- Kristina SPASSOVSKA (MFA1 2016-17)
- Juan ORTIZ (MFA2 2016-17)
- Judith WOLERT-MALDONADO (MFA2 2016-17)
- Joshua WATSON (OYFP 2016-17)
The Graduation Ceremony was a memorable moment for all graduated students, who played the game and posed for a group photo in front of a screen adorned with flags from their respective countries! It was also an exciting moment where students, friends and families shared their impressions on students’ films while enjoying the traditional luncheon cocktail.
Two days later, EICAR students attended to the Off-Competition Screening at TSF – Cercle Rouge and voted their choice of best films out of 30 films 2016-17 not seen at the Cinémathèque.
- Students’ Choice for Best Film – 1st Prize: Peur directed by Asif ISGANDARLI (BFA3 2016-17)
- Students’ Choice for Best Film – 2nd Prize: Under the Surface directed by Sofia DILLENBERGER (BFA2 2016-17)
- Students’ Choice for Best Film – 3rd Prize: The Lantern directed by Murti WIJAYANTO (MFA2 2016-17)
- Students’ Choice for Best Making-of: I Am Trying to Break Your Heart directed by Jose RODRIGUEZ (BFA2 2016-17)
Congratulations to the winners and all who participated in the 2017 EICAR competition!
You'll also like
16 January 2020
The International Department Student Awards at the French Cinémathèque 2019
International Department students, faculty members and film professionals gathered at the Cinémathèque française for...
18 November 2019
ON SATURDAY, MARCH 28TH, FROM 10 AM TO 5 PM Discover our school, our professional environment and our facilities. Meet...