The Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez celebrates its 5th edition this year! EICAR International Department has co-sponsored this world-renowned event since its creation.
Created in 2013, the Grand Prix Photo aims to raise funds for a humanitarian cause, promote the talents of amateur and professional photographers from all over the world and create a cultural event around photography in Saint-Tropez.
Every year, this contest invites the amateurs and professionals of photography to share their most beautiful works from an imposed theme. Through the previous editions, the event gathered more than 1,000 participants from 70 countries across the world. For its 5th edition, the theme of the Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez is Contrast. Participants could compete in one of the three categories : “Young Talents”, “Enthusiats” and “Premium Class”.
This contest is a great opportunity for participants to have their works recognized by an international jury of prestigious photography and media professionals. Bob Swaim, Filmmaker, Screenwriter and Director of EICAR International Department take part once more in the photos selection.
For this 5th edition, EICAR students from the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Filmmaking program were also involved in the event, filming and editing the interviews of the Jury members:
- Francis Dagnan, President of the Jury, President of Studio Harcourt Paris and photographer;
- Inès de La Fressange, Parrail of the Jury et Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque;
- Hans Silvester, Parrail of the Grand Prix Photo, photographer;
- Lizzie Sadin, Spécial Guest of the Jury, photo-reporter;
- Bob Swaim, Filmmaker, screenwriter and Director of EICAR International Department;
- Agnès Grégoire, Editor-in-Chief of Photo Magazine;
- Pacha Bensimon, Creative Director of Hermès Communication;
- Anne Méaux, President of the agency Image 7;
- Didier Bizos, photographer;
- David Attal, Founder of the Fotodart art work;
- Roch Lorente, Channel Manager CANON.
From June 1st to August 30th, several exhibitions will be organized in the village of Saint-Tropez, in which the public could discover the finalists and winners of the contest. An auction of exceptional photographs and prize-winning works will close the Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez on August 20th.
The full benefits of the auction will be donated to Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque, a French association that allows children with heart disease from disadvantaged countries to have surgery in France. Since the creation of the association, nearly 3,000 children have already be cared for. Through the four previous editions, the Grand Prix Photo of Saint-Tropez raised 186,000€ for the humanitarian work.
EICAR is proud to renew its partnership for the 5th consecutive year with the great event!
You'll also like
16 January 2020
The International Department Student Awards at the French Cinémathèque 2019
International Department students, faculty members and film professionals gathered at the Cinémathèque française for...
18 November 2019
ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 25TH, FROM 10 AM TO 5 PM Discover our school, our professional environment and our facilities....