EICAR International Department students and faculty members gathered at the Cinémathèque française for its annual Film Awards and Graduation Ceremony.
EICAR celebrates 10 years of partnership with the Cinémathèque française
On December 10th, EICAR International Department celebrated the best of student films in the prestigious Henri Langlois screening room. The event was all the more special this year, since we celebrated the 10th anniversary of partnership between EICAR and the Cinémathèque française. After a few words from Director Bob Swaim and Marianne Miel, Director of Promotion and Public Relations of the Cinémathèque française, the audience had the pleasure of seeing a retrospective of the award winning films from 2009 to 2017. Suspense was in the air as all awaited to hear the Jury’s decision for the Best Student Film 2019, winner of the Albert R. Broccoli Award.
Renowned Jury and Artistic Awards
This year, 10 student short films were selected for the Film Awards competition and presented to a Jury of renowned professionals from the film industry :
- Patrice Leconte (president of the Jury), Director and Screenwriter
- Vincent Arnardi, Sound Re-Recording Mixer
- Neske Beks, Filmmaker and Writer
- Lisa Gyongy, Director and EICAR Alumna (MFA 2011)
- Guillaume Jouhet, Managing Director of OCS
- Douglas Kennedy, Writer
- Jean-Claude Petit, Pianist, Composer and Arranger
- Hugues Peysson, Producer, President and founder of L’Atelier d’Images
- David Quesemand, Director of Photography
- Béatrice Wachsberger, Director of B.E.A.
After their deliberation, the Jury announced the Artistic Awards winners:
- Best Student Film – Albert R. Broccoli Award (endowed with 1,000€) was awarded to Audrey Biche (BFA3 2017-2018) for her film Adeline
- Best Screenplay Award went to Kinyua Kamau (BFA3 2017-2018) for his short film Fear
- Best Cinematography Award went to Audrey Biche (BFA3 2017-2018) for her work on the film Peacemaker directed by JJ Watson (BFA2 2017-2018)
- Best Editing Award was awarded to Adhiraj Shekhawat (BFA3 2017-2018) for the film Fear by Kinyua Kamau (BFA3 2017-2018)
- Best Sound Award went to Nicolas Roulis et Swann Michel-Tersier (Réalisation sonore 3) for the film Peacemaker by JJ Watson (BFA2 2017-2018)
- Best Production Design Award went to Dale LaRue (BFA3 2017-2018) for his work on the film Motherland directed by Kristina Spassovska (MFA2 2017-2018)
- Special Mention was awarded to Sofia Dillenberger (BFA3 2017-2018) for her film Erase, adapted from the awarded script written by Julio Mármol Corbacho (BFA3 2016)
- Special Mention went to Gala Hristova for her role as Lena, in the short film Motherland by Kristina Spassovska (MFA2 2017-2018)
- Special Mention went to Romain Francisco for his role as Pierre, in the film Les Lettres de Lola by Rosa Ritzau-Møllehave (BFA3 2017-2018)
Outstanding Awards and Graduation Ceremony
As every year, the International Department Faculty members awarded the Outstanding Achievement Awards to two students who have embodied the spirit of EICAR and the cornerstones of the curriculum – teamwork, professionalism and creativity. This year the awards went to Audrey Biche (BFA3 2017-2018) and Kristina Spassovska (MFA2 2017-2018). Both students were endowed with a 500€ reward.
- Jeremie Colle (BFA1 2017-2018)
- Nadine Hantes (BFA1 2017-2018)
- Sidharth Reddy Kandhi (BFA1 2017-2018)
- Benjamin Mathews (BFA1 2017-2018)
- Kurt Menezes (BFA2 2017-2018)
- Dale Arnould (BFA3 2017-2018)
- Sofia Dillenberger (BFA3 2017-2018)
- Jimena Huesca Estrada (BFA3 2017-2018)
- Yesugen Turbat (BFA3 2017-2018)
- Prakshep Borgaonkar (MFA1 2017-2018)
- Angeline Komarova (OYFP 2017-2018)
- Mona Rathsman (OYFP 2017-2018)
The Graduation Ceremony was a memorable time for everyone. It was a celebration of our students’ accomplishments and ambitions. A prestigious jury, amazing films and an uplifting spirit throughout the day made for a spectacular event!
You'll also like
2 September 2020
EICAR Alumnus’s short film premiered at Venice Film Critics’ Week
Five years after the selection of his feature film, Director Adriano Valerio comes back to Venice International Film...
6 August 2020
EICAR Professor Jean Achache named to the ARP Board of Directors
What is the ARP Founded in 1987 on the initiative of Claude Berri and 33 filmmaker-producers including Agnès Varda,...